Diploma in International Affairs and Diplomacy
The first of its kind in the Arab world, designed based on the Oxford University Foreign Service Programme.
The program is taught by an elite group of Arab instructors specialized in Political Sciences, International Relations, and Diplomacy.
This program aims to prepare professionals specialized in international affairs and diplomacy, who can perform relevant duties in ministries, embassies, governmental organizations, and NGOs according to the latest theories and concepts in the fields of international relations, political sciences; and diplomatic and consular work.
1) Diplomatic and Political Studies:
The program offers courses in political and diplomatic studies, including foreign policy theories, contemporary diplomacy, comparative politics, geopolitics, foreign policies of diplomatic parties, negotiation, mediation, and conflict resolution.
2) International Law and International Organizations:
The program offers courses that cover the different aspects of international law and international organizations, in addition to constitutional law, political systems, resolution of armed conflict, international criminal law, and international treaties.
3) Management and Economic Studies:
The program also covers several courses, including general management science, economic sciences and theories, and factors influencing international decision-making.
4) Communications and Media Studies:
Due to the rising importance of media and mass communications in the diplomatic field within international organizations, the programs gives special attention to courses that provide students with the required communication skills, including: presentation skills, communication skills, media communications (spokesperson), media and diplomatic editing and writing skills, public relations skills, managing communications during crises, public diplomacy, country reputation management, and ceremonies and protocol.
This Program is Ideal for Anyone Interested in:
- Working for government and non-government organizations.
- Working in the field of diplomacy at ministries of foreign affairs and international organizations.
- Improving their skills and enhancing their knowledge in the fields of international relations and political sciences.
- Working in the media sector (political talk shows and news anchoring).
Who, in specific, can benefit from this program?
- Managers at government and non-government organizations.
- Anyone working at ministries of foreign affairs, embassies, and councils.
- Those who are interested in working in the political and diplomatic fields.
- Leaders and members of political parties.
- Members of parliaments who wish to improve their political knowledge and skills.
- Those who are interested in holding leadership positions in the field of politics.
The Diploma Certificate
Graduates will receive a diploma certificate from the London International Academy “LIA”.
To complete the diploma program, students are required to complete a total of 600 hours (400 hours of in-class lectures and 200 hours of training).
- Principles of Political Science
- Public International Law
- International Organizations and Economic Integration
- Diplomatic and Consular Law
- International Relations
- Constitutional Law and Political Systems
- Contemporary Diplomacy
- Theories of Parties (Arab – European – American)
- Human Rights – peace and armed conflict periods
- International Disputes Settlement
- The Art of Negotiations, Mediation and Conflict Resolution
- International Decision-Making Influential Factors
- The Theory of International Security
- Ceremonies, Protocol and Code of Conduct
- International Criminal Law
- International Treaties
- Arab Regional and International Relations
- Intelligence and National Security
- International Domain \ Seas, rivers, space and the environment
- NGO’s and Civil Societies
- contemporary International Issues (human trafficking – terrorism – the clash of civilizations)
- Security Council Simulation and Practical Issues
- International Affairs (documentary processing)
The Tuition Includes
- Providing students with studying materials, including books and textbooks.
- Professors’ supervision fees.
- Diploma certificate issuance fees (the London International Academy).
Download enrollment form here.
Download PDF diploma description here.